Monday, July 9, 2012

2012 RV Oops Awards

This is the first I heard of these awards and by listing them in RV Giggles...I don't mean to poke fun at the victims of these mishaps rather I hope that they can, along with a little giggle, these catastrophes can serve to teach us little lessons of what NOT to do in our RVs.  I found these in Motor Home Magazine and want to extend full credit to them and the author Larry MacDonald in the July5, 2012 printing:

2012 RV Oops Awards

MH1207_RV Oops
Photo Credit: Brent Schoonover
Larry Macdonald
July 5, 2012


“What’s the dumbest thing you’ve ever done while motorhoming?”
“Well, to be honest,” replied one fellow when I asked him this question, “in 19 years of motorhoming, I’ve never done anything stupid … until this year.” He then proceeded to tell me his woeful tale. Nearly everyone I asked could recall one or more mishaps they wish hadn’t happened to them. I recorded these mishaps and ranked them on a 10-item scale from dumb (No. 10) to dumbest (No. 1). Usually, dumber things are more costly. Readers may recall last year’s winner (Motor­Home, August 2011) totaled his coach by driving into a tollbooth with a slide extended.
A wise person once said, “Experience is the best teacher.” Maybe so, but a wiser person noted, “It’s better to learn from other people’s experiences.” So let’s have a look at this year’s list to find out why these dumb things occurred, and how you can avoid having them happen to you. Most of these motorhome owners would probably agree that nothing spoils a perfectly fine day like an avoidable blunder.  READ MORE

No comments:

Post a Comment